Reinventing the chair.... Again!
Special order World Chairs require a 4 week lead time.
Humanscale has once again partnered with the great chair designer and engineer Niels Diffrient to create the all new Diffrient World chair. The patent-pending form-sensing mesh technology coupled with a light frame and unmatched ergonomic design already have the Diffrient World being called "the ultimate chair".
Humanscale has always focused on creating products with unmatched functionality and performance and at the same time keeping physical usage simple and practical. The Diffrient World chair features the perfect combination of cutting-edge design, simplicity of use, and component sustainability.
Designing a chair that meets the highest Humanscale quality standards and matches the ergonomics and comfort of both the Liberty and Freedom chairs is no easy task. Now, imagine designing that same chair with as few parts as possible and while keeping the environmental in mind. It took one of the world's greatest designers over 10 years to develop such a chair. At only 25 pounds, with only 8 major components, and using nearly 100% recycled materials, Humanscale introduces the simplest, smartest and most sustainable task chair on the planet.
- Designed to fit over 95% of the office population, from the 5' woman to the 6'4" man
- Rated for users from 100lbs to 300lbs
- 15 year, 24/7 warranty
- Only 2 manual settings, all other fitting and adjustments are automatic
- About half the environmental impact of other office chairs
- 97% recyclable
- Cal 133-approved
- May contribute to numerous LEED credits
- Shipping dimensions: 40" x 28" x 28" 25lbs
Click here to read Contract Magazine's early review of the Humanscale Diffrient World chair. (Any pop-up blocking software you may have must be disabled to view the review)
Ergo Depot is an authorized Humanscale dealer.
All chairs and Ergo Tools are covered by the full Humanscale factory warranty.
For more information contact Ergo Depot or Humanscale(800-400-0625).
The upholstery and mesh options listed in the dropdown menu are currently approved for use with the World chair. Please check back periodically as we will update the available options as they are approved by Humanscale.
For a complete list of Humanscale upholstery and mesh options, please visit our Humanscale upholstery page.
1. Self-Adjusting Recline
- Using the laws of physics, the mechanism-free design automatically provides customized support and resistance based on each user.
- No adjustments, knobs, or locks.
- Consistent eye-level is maintained throughout recline.
2. Pivoting Backrest
- Added backrest motion senses and adjusts to changing needs of the spine.
- Automatically adapts to needs for additional lumbar support.
3. Form-sensing Mesh Technology
- A customized fit is provided by tri-panel, non-stretch mesh that forms to the body and creates self-adjusting lumbar support.
- Low-abrasion mesh protects clothing.
4. Upholstered Seat
- Frameless front edge eliminates pressure on the back of thighs.
- Traditional foam and upholstery construction.
- Standard with no arms.
- Available with adjustable or fixed armrests that connect to the backrest rather than the seat. This provides consistent support throughout the recline.
6. Body Fit
- Designed to fit most office workers.
- Alternate lift heights available to accommodate varying user heights.
- Recline automatically adjusts depending on weight of user.
- Mesh back and seat contours to user's body.
- Adjustable armrests available.
- Standard with hard casters.
- Optional soft casters or non-rolling glides.