Move your mind
In-stock seats ship within 1-2 business days. Below we have included swatches for available upholsteries.
The Varier Move II offers the same design features as the standard Move but with a specialized, smaller seat design for smaller adults. The same lift height options are available for the Move II as the standard Move. If you have questions about what seat style would be best for you, please give the Varier experts at Ergo Depot a call and we'd be happy to talk about your options.
The Varier Move II puts your body in control, it is the ultimate in active sitting. Of all the chairs in Varier's Active collection, the Move provides the most positive impact on your back and core muscles. Offering 360° of movement, the Move II will certainly have a position for you. Whether you are catching up on bills at the kitchen table or multi-tasking over breakfast, the Move II allows your body to go wherever it feels it should be.
A blend of chair and standing support, the Varier Move II has a graded disc base. The tilting angle created by this unique design lets the saddle follow you throughout any movement. The sit/stand body position greatly increases the angle between the upper and lower body, allowing deeper breathing, improved concentration, and relieving the pressure on the spine.
The benefits are not just for adults, as the posture, breathing, and energy enhancements of active sitting have been directly correlated with improved homework performance in adolescents. The Move stool by Varier is available in three sizes to accommodate users of any size: the standard Move, the Move II (same lift options with a smaller seat), and the Move Small (small, Move II seat coupled with a lift adjusted for the lighter weight of children).
Humans were created to move, not to sit still.
"I believe that the spine is happiest when it can adopt the natural curvature that it has when we stand upright" -Peter Opsvik
No scientific evidence supports the notion that the "correct" sitting posture is upright, at a right angle. In fact, studies are now revealing that the body operates best when its form is allowed to remain open and fluid.
The Varier Move promotes constant natural movement, keeping the back and abdominal muscles active at all times. While sitting, the user is actually strengthening the core muscles of the abdomen and back while preventing tension in the neck and shoulders.
This "active sitting" improves circulation and oxygen levels, boosting energy, concentration, and overall well-being.
- Handcrafted in Norway by skilled artisans
- Seven-year guarantee on wooden parts
- Five-year guarantee on mechanisms
- Three-year guarantee on foams and upholstery
- Available in a large range of fabrics, colors, and finishes
- Many colors and options available for quick ship
- Saddle seat design and graded disc base support the body at any angle
- Optional rubber sole for use on hard surfaces(rubber sole standard on Move Small)
- Polyurethane foam cushion
- Available in 3 styles: Standard Move, Move II, and Move Small
- The standard Move has a full seat and is offered in 3 adjustable pneumatic lift height options
- The Move II has a smaller seat with the same height options
- The Move Small has both a smaller seat and has a lift adjusted for the lighter weight of children
- All wood is harvested from highly sustainable forests
- Oak and beech woods are native to Europe and all walnut is harvested in the USA
- Overall dimensions for Move and Move II: low lift (19.3"-26.8"), standard lift (22"-32.3"), high lift (25.6"-34.3")
- Overall dimensions for Move Small: weight-adjusted low lift (19.3"-26.8")
- Shipping dimensions: 16" x 8" 17" 14lbs
Upholstery and Finish Options
Many upholstery options are available for Varier seating. Below you'll find upholstery options that qualify as quick-ship items, shipping within 1 - 2 business days.
If you would like to customize your Move chair, please visit our special order Move page.
Quick-ship base colors:
The Move and Move II are available in 2 adjustable pneumatic lift heights: standard, and high. The seat height for the standard option is adjustable from 22"-32.3", and the high option is adjustable from 25.6"-34.3".
Rubber Sole (Optional)
The rubber sole wraps around the disc base. This provides added stability on slick floors and helps to protect the base and floor when used on hard surfaces. The rubber sole is optional on the Move and Move II.