Move your mind.
Lead time: Ships in 1-2 business days in black vinyl.
The Varier Move for Healthcare is upholstered in genuine Nappa Vinyl. This durable vinyl product is impermeable to water and air. Ideal for use in hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics, the Move for Healthcare is anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-mycotic.
The Varier Move puts your body in control, it is the ultimate in active sitting. Of all the chairs in Varier's Active collection, the Move provides the most positive impact on your back and core muscles. Offering 360° of movement, the Move will certainly have a position for you. Whether you are catching up on bills at the kitchen table or multi-tasking over breakfast, the Move allows your body to go wherever it feels it should be.
A blend of chair and standing support, the Varier Move has a graded disc base. The tilting angle created by this unique design lets the saddle follow you throughout any movement. The sit/stand body position greatly increases the angle between the upper and lower body, allowing deeper breathing, improved concentration, and relieving the pressure on the spine.
The benefits are not just for adults, as the posture, breathing, and energy enhancements of active sitting have been directly correlated with improved homework performance in adolescents. The Move by Varier is available in three sizes to accomodate users of any size: the standard Move, the Move II (same lift options with a smaller seat), and the Move Small (small, Move II seat coupled with a lift adjusted for the lighter weight of children).
Humans were created to move, not to sit still.
"I believe that the spine is happiest when it can adopt the natural curvature that it has when we stand upright" -Peter Opsvik
No scientific evidence supports the notion that the "correct" sitting posture is upright, at a right angle. In fact, studies are now revealing that the body operates best when its form is allowed to remain open and fluid.
The Varier Move series helps to achieve just that. Saddle seats promote a sit/stand seating style. This allows the angle between the thighs and torso to increase, allowing the body to naturally adopt the same spine curvature as when standing, relieving pressure from the vertebrae and letting you breathe more deeply and freely.
The Varier Move promotes constant natural movement, keeping the back and abdominal muscles active at all times. While sitting, the user is actually strengthening the core muscles of the abdomen and back while preventing tension in the neck and shoulders.
This "active sitting" improves circulation and oxygen levels, boosting energy, concentration, and overall well-being.
· Varier Move chair design by Per Øie.
· Handcrafted in Norway by skilled artisans.
· Seven-year guarantee on wooden parts.
· Five-year guarantee on mechanisms.
· Three-year guarantee on foams and upholstery.
· Many colors available.
· Saddle seat design and graded disc base support the body at any angle.
· Optional rubber sole for use on hard surfaces.
· Polyurethane foam cushion.
· Available in 3 styles: Standard Move, Move II, and Move Small.
· The standard Move has a full seat and is offered in 3 adjustable pneumatic lift height options.
· The Move II has a smaller seat with the same height options.
· The Move Small has both a smaller seat and has a lift adjusted for the lighter weight of children.
· All wood is harvested from highly sustainable forests.
· Oak and beech woods are native to Europe and all walnut is harvested in the USA.
· Overall dimensions for Move and Move II: low lift (19.3"-26.8"), standard lift(22"-32.3"), high lift(25.6"-34.3").
· Overall dimensions for Move Small: weight-adjusted low lift (19.3"-26.8")